Regional Product Manager
Walters Gardens Inc., located in Zeeland, MI, is a leading grower of perennial plants since 1946. We take great pride in the superior quality of our young plants and field grown products, diverse product selection, customer-focused staff, our extensive hybridizing program, and the ability to offer the best new introductions from around the world. We are currently looking to fill a Regional Product Manager position for the Northeast part of the US. The goal of this positions is to promote Walters Gardens’ product to industry audiences and cultivate relationships with new and existing customers. Candidate can be based in either West Michigan or the Northeast.
Essential duties include:
• Oversee the development of customer relationships and sales growth in the Northeast territories
• Service and support customers through various communication methods
• Travel to customers to promote Walters Gardens product and present new ideas, concepts and programs. Time spent traveling, whether to customers or to Walters Gardens, would be 50 – 75%
• Attend industry trade shows and events
• Establish sales goals for the defined territory
• Work with internal Walters Gardens’ departments on product availability and salability
• Support established sales channels
Qualified applicants must have demonstrated ability of:
• Strong communication (both written and oral), motivational and organizational skills.
• The ability to maintain a high level of customer service
• Be passionate about people and plants
• Show positive initiative and self-motivation
• Multi-task and manage multiple projects independently
• Achieve in depth product knowledge
• Work as a team with other internal departments
• Solid understanding of, and applicable experience in, the perennial industry preferred
• Working knowledge of various computer programs
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com.