2016 Remodeling Impact Report: Outdoor Features
By the National Association of Landscape Professionals and the National Association of REALTORS®
This report takes a deep dive into the reasons why homeowners complete outdoor remodeling projects, the value of taking on such projects, and the increased happiness experienced by homeowners once a project is completed. It also contains:
• The typical cost of 10 outdoor projects, as estimated by members of the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).
• How much appeal each project is likely to have for buyers, according to REALTORS®.
• How much REALTORS® estimate homeowners can recover on the cost of the outdoor projects if they choose to sell the home.
• REALTORS® ranked a standard lawn care program as the number one project that appeals to buyers. REALTORS® also estimated that lawn care would recover 303% of the cost estimated by landscape professionals.
• Upgrading the landscape with seed lawn had the highest cost recovery of 417%, followed by a standard lawn care program (303%) and upgrading the landscape with sod lawn (143%).
• An overall landscape upgrade, new patio, new deck, and softscape upgrade all rendered roughly 100% in cost recovery and each project received a Joy Score of 9.6 or higher.
• A new pool received the highest Joy Score of 10, but REALTORS® estimate that it would only recover 50 percent of the costs.
Click HERE to download the full report.