Walters Gardens Inc., located in Zeeland, MI, is a leading grower of perennial plants since 1946. We are currently seeking candidates for the following position: Electrician
Essential duties include:
• Maintain the primary and essential power systems at Walters Gardens.
• Monitor electrical loads in the facility to maintain balanced and reliable electricity to the entire facility.
• Monitor and work to improve power factor percentages in the facility.
• Work with other managers in the facility to manage “max demand” to insure we are operating as efficiently as possible.
• Perform assigned electrical / mechanical work
• Assist with troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of electrical / mechanical equipment
• Respond to and utilize communication devices
• Assist with the planning and execution of construction projects and facility upgrades.
• Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to the company to assist in implementing the best solutions to operational challenges.
Qualified applicants must have:
• Current State of Michigan journeyman or masters electrical license and not less than 10 years’ experience managing commercial and industrial applications.
• Knowledge in the proper shutdown of high voltage primary circuits and transformers during periods of utility single phasing, fluctuating voltage, accidental damage, or for safety purposes.
• Familiarity with monitoring secondary loads and managing them for proper balance across phases.
• Strong communication skills
• Positive initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects independently
• Ability to be on call and respond to emergencies 24/7
Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.